Adopt this metabolism-boosting, muscle sculpting, weight loss and body-toning moves with Life fitness and you could be looking better naked in no time.
- Stand while making sure to keep the back straight and grasp the dumbbells.
- Move the weight to your shoulder, level with the palms facing forward.
- Press the weight vertically until the arms are extended and in line with the shoulders, exhaling throughout the movement.
- Slowly, lower the weight to the start position (horizontal with the floor), inhaling throughout the movement.
- Repeat steps 1-4.
Prone Torso Twist on Stability Ball
- Start in a full push-up position with palms on the floor aligned under the shoulders and feet on a stability ball.
- Lower your feet until they’re grasping the sides of the ball.
- Keeping your upper body stationary, rotate your legs and hips to the left in 2 counts. Return to the centre and rotate to the right in 2 counts.
- To modify, place your knees on either side of the ball.
Back Extension on Stability Ball
- Lie face down over a stability ball, hips resting on ball and feet on the floor. Bend elbows, placing hands on either side of your head.
- Lift chest off the ball, keeping lower body stationary (be careful not to strain your back); lower to starting position.
- To modify, place feet against a wall.
- Stand with your feet hip-width apart and knees bent. Hold a pair of dumbbells so your palms are facing each other and bend forward from the hips, as shown (a).
- Pull your shoulder blades together and row the weights toward your chest (b).
- Return to start. That’s one repetition.
- Do 12 to 15 repetitions.
Standing Dumbbell Curl
- Stand up straight with a dumbbell in each hand at arm’s length. Keep your elbows close to your torso and rotate the palms of your hands until they are facing forward. This will be your starting position.
- Now, keeping the upper arms stable, exhale and curl the weights while contracting your biceps. Continue to raise the weights until your biceps are fully contracted and the dumbbells are at shoulder level. Hold the contracted position for a brief pause as you squeeze your biceps.
- Then, inhale and slowly begin to lower the dumbbells back to the starting position.
1 And ¼ Medicine ball Pullover
- Assume starting position as shown by lying on a stability ball with your upper back, neck and head fully supported.
- Keep the abs contracted and lift the lower body to form a flat surface with your torso. Stretch the medicine ball behind your head as far as you comfortably can.
- Return to starting position.
Spread the love